Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Running Resolutions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Running Resolutions

Running Resolutions 1 year, 9 months ago #274

The New Year is upon us, so what better time to sit down and assess our running goals for 2013? Tell us - what are your goals for the year? Are there any particular races or events you're looking forward to? We want to know!

Re: Running Resolutions 1 year, 9 months ago #276

Hey Mitch

Six Foot Track marathon coming up for me. Very much looking forward to it and hopefully getting to the start line without any setbacks over the next couple of months.

Greeny

Re: Running Resolutions 1 year, 9 months ago #278

as always, running the gold coast in july is always a great weekend, hoping to run around 1.20 for the half.

Re: Running Resolutions 1 year, 9 months ago #282

Hi Mitch,

A few goals this year. Registered for Canberra marathon as well as the SMC halves for the lead up. Will also run the SMH half. I'm also currently thinking of the 3 marathons in 3 days in Cairns which would be a big challenge. As always there will be the city2surf, sutherland to surf and various other 10km events too. Should be a big 2013!!

James

Re: Running Resolutions 1 year, 9 months ago #285

Loving these responses, guys. As someone who has racked up most of their racing experience over the Athletics Victoria Cross Country & Road Racing series, and who generally maxes out at around 15 or 16km, it's always fascinating to learn what the high priorities are for others around Australia. It looks as though the Six Foot Track will again be a big focus for runners right across the country. The Three Marathons In Three Days was also a fantastic addition to last year's ultra calendar, and it's great to see there has been an attempt to expand its appeal by featuring the final stage as a standalone event for the inaugural Cairns Marathon.

As for me, I'm hoping to find my way to the US come April/May and check out the best the track racing scene has to offer there. Having sat glued to my computer screen last year for live streams of meets such as the Payton Jordan Invitational at Stanford University and the Oxy High Performance Meet at Occidental College, I was blown away by the depth of racing on offer on the West Coast. Locally, the Perth City to Surf and Noosa Bolt are also two races I am keen to investigate as two of the more high-profile events I am yet to compete in. Anyone had much experience with either?

Re: Running Resolutions 1 year, 9 months ago #286

As someone who is new to running as something in and of itself and not as part of another sport (I normally play Hockey) I've set myself three goals for the year that could be way to ambitious but that's what goals are for.

1. 30 x Parkruns
2. City 2 South (14km in Brisbane)
3. do a Half Marathon

I have no idea how I'm going to go with these as the first time I was able to run a full 5km was at the end of last year.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
Banner
Banner
Banner
You are here: Forum